Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rally

Today, I went to a rally show and I did really well,but before I tell you what I got I want to tell you something about going to dog shows.  When you got to a dog show you may think you're going to do great,because your dog did great at home.  When you go to a dog show it's a different place and your dog will probably get nervous like my dog Diva does,so don't get discouraged if they don't do as well as you thought they would,but sometimes you might do a wonderful job on your first try.    When it comes to dog showing you can only do what you think is right and hope your dog does what you want.  Sometimes though it's the other way around your dog might be doing everything you want him/her to do,but what you wanted to do was not right,so that's why the saying"Praise the dog,SLAP the handler"is probably my favorite,because it's true.  I've been wrong lots of times.  Now i'm going to tell you how well I did are you ready I hope you are!  All you have to do is read the next sentence!  Here we go...Diva and I got 1st place in Novice A with a score of 192, we got Best Junior,$20 off my next ASCOT Rally shows, and a gas gift card!  Yes, I did that awesome, but there is something funny about this.  Three weeks ago I went to a rally show and did not do as well as I thought I would.  Diva was performing perfectly at home,she even was doing everything off leash,but when she stepped foot in the show building she got all nervous.  When she got nervous all she did was sniff,so when we got in the ring I had no attention what so ever.  This weekend though I did wonderful!  That means if your dog does bad at one show don't give up on them keep on practicing and you'll be ready for the next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment