Hey everyone! It is Allison here! This time of year is a busy time, so I'm sorry I am not doing tons of posts. But, the last ones Katie did were pretty awesome, so I doubt you guys could have missed my posts too much when those came up, right? Well, we all know it is a dog trick of the day, "But what is the dog trick?" you may wonder. Well... it is shake! A great trick when your dog is wet and you want it to shake water on to your friends. That is, if you use this trick the evil way. Well, lets get started!
A dog. Duh! (Make sure it is not wet when training, or he/she might shake water on to you!)
Clicker (If your dog is not clicker trained, it might help if you go back and learn how to first!)
Note: This trick is pretty difficult, for you need to catch your dog shaking. Be observant. When does your dog shake? Waking up from a nap? Coming out of the water? Have your clicker ready when you think your dog will shake.
1. Catch your dog shaking. If you see your dog shaking, click and treat. Give your dog lots of praise.
2. If your dog offers a shake again, click and treat! Your dog is learning! If not... repeat step 1 until your dog offers the motion more than once a couple times.
3. Now, keep repeating step one and two, but now say shake when your dog is about to shake or when shaking.
4. Before your dog shakes, give the command, "Shake!" If your dog gets up and does it, reward your dog! If he/she take his/her time before actually shaking, don't reward your dog.
5. Repeat step four until your dog shakes right away.
6. Now, try doing this when your dog isn't about to get up and shake like normal. Call your dog over, and command, "Shake!" If your dog shakes, you got it! Just keep practicing. Practice makes perfect! If your dog doesn't shake, keep trying, or even go back to step four. Keep practicing!
7. After all of that work, is your dog shaking when you command it to? If you say, "Yes!", congratulations! Your dog has learned the trick, "Shake." If you are answering, "NO!", well, you should probably go back a step or two and keep practicing. Remember the golden rule when training dogs: Practice makes perfect!
Remember, even though this trick is so exciting with so much to do, you have to pace your self! A good training time is five minutes three times a day! If you go way over this, your dog will get bored. Don't get frustrated! Training pets is hard, and it goes very slowly. But after some practice, you will probably think it is lots of fun like me and Katie here at Mydivapets.
Don't have a clicker? Finding one is easy! Just go to your locale pet store, and they will probably have one for pretty cheap.
We are taking trick or furry friend ideas? Need some tricks for your pet that we don't have? Comment below! We want our range of pet ricks to be big, based on what viewers want. So get commenting!
Need some treats for tricks, or just giving just pain out rewards? Your pets will go crazy about these. Homemade treats! All you have to do is go to our Terrific Treats section in this blog, look and follow the recipe and WHAMO! Tasty time. truly they are for your pets though... but if your pets can eat it you can eat it! (But you probably don't want to!)
This is star lizard time and we need a star lizard for our posts! Time is running out, so send us a pic of your lizard and maybe have your lizard featured in every lizard post!
Questions? Do you have any questions? Well, if you do, comment it down below. We will answer as soon as possible.
Yo friends! Spread the word. We want to make as many pet lovers as we can happy!
Well, that is it! Happy training!